invisalign experience

Its currently May 22 2010 and I'm going to start this blog while I'm wearing my 4th invisalign tray. For those of you who don't know, invisalign is a clear orthodontic technique use to straighten your teeth. You wear a different set of clear retainers every 2 weeks and sometimes longer until you have straight teeth. The number of retainers you wear and the amount of time you wear depends on your teeth.
So far my experience with invialign has be going well as expected. You only feel a slight discomfort when you begin the initial stage of wearing each tray. However, as you wear them and reach your 3rd day that discomfort is completely gone. Im only on my 4th tray out of 31 trays, but I do notice that invisalign is working. There is very slight movements that is happening with my teeth. I can notice spaces that have been made in order to move my teeth. At this point the slight discomfort that is felt when I change into a new tray, makes me feel happier. The slight discomfort is a feeling of tightness, however this tightness lets me know that my teeth are moving.
Im 23 now and have been needing braces since I was 8 years old. I knew I needed them however, I did not have the money at the time. As a result, I have been really self-conscious about my teeth my entire life. I have 2 big gaps in between my teeth. After the age of 12, you will not find a picture of me smiling showing all of my teeth, only a closed smile. This has also damaged my confidence when it comes to talking to people and dating.
I will also include a video and pictures of what my teeth look like and the progression.

Comments

  1. YOU HAVE NO IDEA HOW MUCH YOU'RE INSPIRING ME RIGHT NOW. I have the same spacing as you do. except my large space is at the bottom. I just had a consultation and I come to your blog every day for motivation. I'm a 19 year old female so my confidence is not the best :-/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am interetesed in invisalign but am afraid of the pain because I do not know how this sort of invisalign pain feels. Is it root pain or some over sort I pain. Any description of that first tray experience on the first, second, third etc pain or discomfort would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just emailed you! Your blog has inspired me! I have a huge gap, possibly a little bigger than yours! I'm hoping to see my orthodontist this week to get my appt scheduled. I hope to hear back from you!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts